Quanergy is a privately-held, Silicon-Valley-based technology company developing smart sensing solutions for real-time 3D mapping and object detection, tracking, and classification.
Quanergy is the leading manufacturer of 3D time-of-flight LiDAR sensors designed from the ground up to meet all four key commercialization criteria: Cost, Performance, Reliability, and Size.
Quanergy’s innovations, covered by 20 patent applications, address the needs in various markets for 3D LiDAR sensors and LiDAR-based sensing systems. Key markets include passenger vehicles, corporate / commercial / municipal fleets, digital mapping fleets, and military vehicles.
Other markets include logistics / warehouse / distribution center / space management automation, robotics, construction / agriculture / mining vehicles, surveying, archaeology, geology, aeronautics, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), wind turbine preservation and inspection, security, border protection, and disaster relief.
Quanergy delivers robust and intelligent real-time 3D mapping solutions that work day and night, rain or shine, while performing object detection, tracking, identification, and classification. In the automotive space, affordable LiDAR sensors enable broad deployment of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving systems – 80% of transportation accidents are avoidable with this technology, and Quanergy is bringing it to the masses.
Quanergy’s LiDAR sensors are eye-safe and feature 360° field of view, 300 m range, 1.5 cm 1σ accuracy at 100 m, 30 Hz scanning frequency, 0.1° angular resolution, a high dynamic range under various weather conditions, and an unmatched reliability obtained by eliminating the top 3 root causes of failure in LiDAR.
Quanergy’s 3D time-of-flight LiDAR sensors were designed from the ground up to meet mass commercial deployment criteria in various markets. Quanergy’s technical innovations are covered by 20 patent applications. The technology roadmap covers multiple classes of high-performance LiDARs, with one class being based on mechanical spinning, and other classes being solid state. The cost, performance, size and reliability metrics exceed those of existing state-of-the-art solutions by one to two orders of magnitude.
In addition to standalone sensors, Quanergy provides complete sensing systems that include:
• 3D LiDAR sensors placed at optimal positions for each solution
• Complementary sensor subset selected from the set of: GPS receiver, IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit), video camera, radar
• Processing and communication unit: powerful embedded processor, Artificial Intelligence (AI) software, Ethernet controller, cell modem, Wi-Fi controller, data storage
• Human-Machine Interface (HMI) with real-time 3D mapping visualization with objects identified, tracked and classified; visual, audible and/or sensory prompts on display, dashboard or steering wheel; integrated in infotainment systems or interfaced to common operational pictures (COP), tablets, smartphones
• Aftermarket installation by certified installers/adaptation centers or factory/dealer installation
• Active option: when desired, the system can be connected to equipment controls to take action when the operator does not react in time to avoid impact; in vehicles, Quanergy’s system can be connected to Electronic Control Units (ECUs) to actuate the brakes, accelerators, steering, signaling, etc.; ultimately, when OEMs are ready and legislation is supportive, this technology is capable of providing both the sensing and the controls needed to support various levels of vehicle automation, all the way to autonomous vehicles.
Quanergy has global partners and customers in key markets. Most of the names of our partners and customers are confidential at this point.
Public partners include:
Mercedes-Benz – www.mbusa.com
Hyundai – www.hyundai.com
Prospect Silicon Valley – www.prospectsv.org
Quanergy’s investors include:
Wardenclyffe Partners LLC (Tesla Founders)
Motus Ventures (formerly Transportation Technology Ventures)
TEEC Angel Fund
San Feliu Partners SL
The Quanergy team brings over 100 years of combined experience in the development, commercialization and mass production on a global scale of products requiring specialized skills in photonics, optics, optoelectronics, energy, mechatronics, robotics, advanced materials, micro/nanofabrication, automation, Artificial Intelligence, machine learning and controls.
The Quanergy team has extensive experience in start-ups and large corporations including:
Spectra Physics Lasers
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Global HQ: San Francisco Bay Area Quanergy Systems, Inc. 265 Sobrante Way, Suite MSunnyvale, CA 94086-4809
Office +1 512 965 6151Fax +1 408 542 9584
Yay! Message sent.
Error! Please validate your fields.